Rants. Raves. T-shirts. All observations on the peculiarity of Provo life.

Monday, May 22, 2006

New York Doll is way cool.

So, yeah, I hope everyone is having a summer full of wholesome entertainment. The blog isn't dead, don't worry - though it has been comatose for a while.

Have you seen New York Doll yet? It's pretty much the coolest. Plus, anybody who's anybody stayed after the credits and saw the coolest part - David Johansen and Brian Koonin playing "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief." Pretty sweet stuff. A cool tribute to Arthur. There's another one, though, that nobody knows about. They did "Come, Come Ye Saints" as well, but I don't think it was in the theater version, just on the DVD. Regardless, I've got it, and here it is:

David Johansen and Brian Koonin - Come, Come Ye Saints.mp3

I would have pulled off "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" too, but I couldn't really figure out the software I was using, and then I had to give the New York Doll DVD back to the person I borrowed it from. If anybody's interested in "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" just post on here or let me know and I'll see if I can get it. Or, better yet, if you have it, send it my way and I'll get it up here.

As far as I can tell, this is the online debut of this song - I couldn't find it anywhere else. How cool is that? A launch on cecilismyhomeboy.com. A cursory check didn't seem to indicate that there's a soundtrack out for New York Doll, so I think this is okay to spread around. If it ends up being some sort of copyright violation then I'll take it down, but I think we're okay.

Tell all your friends... cecilismyhomeboy.com has the mad hookups.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's awesome. If there is any possibility you could get "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" up I think that would be the coolest thing to happen this summer.

Rod Santiano said...

I think the coolest thing this summer would be instead of posting it, that everyone would go out and buy the DVD and support a small but great film. ;) You're right, though, there is no soundtrack available, nor is there one planned. Thank you for your comments on the movie and keep telling everyone about it.

Rod Santiano
Cinematographer
NEW YORK DOLL

P.S. I won't tell the director/producer about your postings. :)

Landon said...

I bought my copy, I am proud to say. And I made my parents buy it too... although they haven't watched it yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am really really interested in getting an mp3 of Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. That is at the top of my list of hymn performances (up there with Johnny Cash doing Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy). I bought the DVD (I only own about 10), for the record, and I will give it as a gift to others, but it is one thing to cue the DVD to the end of the movie to hear that great song,and quite another (and much cooler thing) to have it on my ipod or play it on my computer at will.

I am computer illiterate, and you may be my only hope. If there's anyway to get that, I would be thrilled.

Thanks,
Jason

rogeber said...

I'll see what I can do. I have a buddy that can do it. I figured it would pop up on Limewire eventually, but it doesn't seem like anybody has it anywhere.

I accept this challenge.

-Roger

Brooklyn said...

That's pretty sweet. Two of my favorite hymns ever. I have seen that, though, I just cannot for the life of me remember where...maybe in the newsroom...

Pant Salesman said...

let me know if you get the mp3 wow that would rock