Rants. Raves. T-shirts. All observations on the peculiarity of Provo life.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Googlefight

The Linguistics Department at BYU is utterly obsessed with www.Googlefight.com. I blame them for my current addiction.

The idea of Google fight is that you pit two words or phrases against each other to duke it out and see which appears more out in cyberspace. In class, we usually use it to see what words and phrases are standard in English (i.e. potatoes vs. potatos, who vs. whom, etc.) But don't be deceived. Googlefight not only features semi-amusing animation while it makes its search, but the fights you can concoct can be utterly brilliant, if you only use your imagination. So give it a try, boys and girls!

Fights to get you started:
Boys vs. Girls
Pen vs. Sword
Macs vs. PCs
President Bush vs. Bin Laden
Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. Your governor ( I told you my governor could beat up your governor)
Tom Cruise vs. Satan

Use your imagination and report your findings! If all problems were so easily solved, the world would be such a happier place. I propose showing Googlefight to our world leaders. You in?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cecil O. Samuelson v. Kim B. Clark

Man! BYU-I wins.

Landon said...

BYU v. BYU-I
Provo v. Rexburg

Cecil has nothing to prove.