Rants. Raves. T-shirts. All observations on the peculiarity of Provo life.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Local Signs: Part 2


I was at Smith's last night. I like movies, and was excited to see some for only five bucks, and big name movies, too. But After looking for a while, there just weren't any that I wanted to get. Then I saw the sign, and read a little closer. Thats right, only the movies that were rated R were five bucks. They must really be hurtin' to pawn those off on somebody here in Provo. All the other ones were a dollar more. Except new releases, like "The Land Before Time 12"! Ya, you read that right, Capitol T-w-e-l-v-e. That just blows my mind, these movies are still being made. Have you heard about the first Land Before Time being a parallel to the Mormon trek West? Don't believe me? The director, Don Bluth, grew up in Payson UT, and is very much a member of the LDS Church. The story is about a band of orphans who travel West after a voice from the heavens tells them there is a promised land there. Think about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it's about our journey into mortality, hence "Land Before Time" (pre-mortality) and orphans (absent presence of God). Don Bluth told me that was the real meaning in a dream . . .

I'd like to bear my testimony, I know the Land Before Time is true . . .

austinmcraig said...

That, sir, was funny. Seriously.